Simple Steps Towards Happiness
Everyone wants to be happy, but each seeks happiness in a different way: some people believe if they are rich enough they well be happy enough; others find pleasure watching movies; some find themselves the happiest when they are partying with friend; shopping gives a surge of contentment to many, and others find their happiness in drinking.
• But, can we really count on these things as a guaranteed means to happiness ?
• Can we describe those who seek such pleasure as happy people ?
• And what is the difference between getting happy and being happy?
While this kind of happiness is a conditional, short-lived emotion that vanquishes when this ‘Stimulant’ is over, ‘Joy’ is a permanent state of happiness. Joy is the inner strength some people have while facing life hardships; it is the ability to remain positive when all logical signs urge you to despair; joy is being capable of seeing that dim light at the end of the very dark tunnel.
Unconditional happiness is not hard to reach; rather it is a decision that you can make. You do not have to wait for it to present itself to you.
The good news is that : Happiness is free . You do not need a lot of things to make you happy. It is not about the quantity. Sometimes the smallest things can bring us joy. So enjoy the details.
“ The greatest wealth is to live content with little. ” – Plato.
* Well , what can I do to become Happy ???
1- Smile as often as you can even if you don’t feel like it :
Don’t think that this is silly; rather, it is greatly beneficial to your well-being. Researches show that it can greatly improve your mood and reduce your stress.
2- Get inspired :
– Remember the old days when you were simply happy because happiness comes naturally with a kid.
– Look around you and find beauty in the world you live in. Everything has beauty to those who are searching for it.
– Read a good book . “ We read to know we are not alone.” – C.S. Lewis.
– Seek the words of wisdom of those who called for joy.
3- Let go :
“Some people think it’s holding that makes one strong – sometimes it’s letting go.”
Just let go of your burdens whatever they may be: worrying, hating or grieving. Find relief.
4– Have a goal :
Look for something to accomplish and look forward to it. We all need a challenge to excite and motivate us. The possibilities of an achievable goal makes the future seem happier.
And remember Joy comes from within.